2015-11-30

Laurie Anderson's Habeas Corpus

http://www.thenation.com/article/laurie-andersons-guantanamo-installation-goes-where-obama-fears-to-tread/

2 comments:

  1. Laurie Anderson is one of my favourite working artists, I am especially fond of her music "O Superman" is one of my anthems. I was sad this over so quickly because I really would've loved seeing this in real life but, nonetheless, I got an approximate idea of the work. What I found most interesting is the way Anderson and Gharani illustrated this removal from society in this incredibly experience. It almost reminded me of this sort of Siddharta except this asceticism was forced upon Gharani and other prisoners unjustly. It really make the viewer question how we view these people and what this total removal does to our decision making. I recall the piece we watched in class where an artist lived in a room for 30 days (I can't remember who it was) and let people shoot paintballs at him through the internet.

    Fabio U.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant write woops. I should learn to re-read :')

    ReplyDelete

Post here!