Beginning of a Movement

Who attended a local march or rally? Did anyone travel to DC or another city to join a march?
Were you aware that the protests were not only national but global?
National protests map
Global protests map

Who attended a local march or rally? Did anyone travel to DC or another city to join a march?
Were you aware that the protests were not only national but global?
National protests map
Global protests map
Although I didn't get to attend any local marches/rallies, I was anxiously refreshing Twitter and Instagram all day to learn more about how my friends were doing at the events. It was beautiful to see the different perspectives of marches/rallies around the world. (My cousin studies in Tel Aviv, and I was amazed at the rally that was going on outside the US Embassy. The fact that the whole world could come together in solidarity…and the fact that I was witnessing it in real-time thanks to Snapchat... was very empowering.) The whole day I was thinking about how incredible all of the signs and photos were that I saw online. I was even telling my friends that they should preserve their signs from the event, because it was truly a monumental moment in history... In fact, if anyone did participate in any of the events, check out this compiled list of national museums, libraries, and galleries that are collecting/archiving signs from the Women’s March (and maybe consider donating some!): http://huff.to/2kdZ1f4
ReplyDeleteDanielle Turnbull
ReplyDeleteI also wasn't able to attend any marches, but I too was constantly refreshing my social media accounts. I felt really empowered knowing that globally marches were taking place and that voices were being heard. I studied abroad in Florence, Italy last semester and saw that there was a march, as well as I have friends currently studying abroad in both Stockholm, Sweden and Cape Town, South Africa who were in attendance at the marches there too. It's crazy to think how politics in America can cause such uproar in places around the globe, and yet those same places, when it comes to politics, we know nothing about- the world in invested in what happens in the United States.